This company provides regulatory filing and deal solutions via its software, technology-enabled services and print and distribution solutions to public and private companies, mutual funds and regulated investment firms.
They execute tens of thousands of transactions on an annual basis, with many issues that can impact overall deal profitability. Systems, reporting and tools were sufficient to effectively report on planned margins versus the actuals realized, and the root causes of the variance. Additional opportunities existed to target unprofitable contract management disciplines.
Leadership sought to improve the overall visibility to deal profitability, drive more informed decisions on the front-end and ensure revenue across their delivery value stream was in line with contractual entitlements. Additional work was provided to support the execution of key sourcing initiatives to reduce spend.
Based on Synergetics’ business analysis diagnostics, a 12-month assignment focused on the following:
- Pricing and discounting practices
- Contract management and billing aligned to contractual entitlements; CPI execution
- Development of strategic initiatives focused on low margin contracts for improvement
- Enhanced reporting, governance and controls across the revenue value stream, allowing for root cause analysis, corrective action and continuous improvement
- Procurement cost take-out focused on labor, technology, travel, and other miscellaneous vendors
- Benchmarked price and executed negotiations with over 30+ vendors across all spend categories
- Executed an RFX process for selecting the virtual payment card provider and channeling over $20M in spend through the virtual payment program