The company is a leading manufacturer and marketer of branded and private label frozen entrées and snacks. Its daily production capacity of over 2 million meals, in addition to marketing more than 400 products spanning several categories, made the company the 3rd largest producer of frozen entrées in the US.
The company’s potential for further growth had always attracted outside interests for additional investment. Although the company maintained a positive margin, organic and acquired growth had changed its conventional business model. All facilities were not meeting expected production benchmarks or efficiency standards. The company’s goal to identify and pursue approximately $20 million in cost savings initiatives would also increase efficiency.
Synergetics’ focused on three areas; Labor Productivity, Equipment Effectiveness and Material Yield, which resulted in:
- Setting up a PMO (Project Management Office)
- Promoting collaboration, guidance and training with and among teams to promote initiative ownership
- Holding project champions accountable for completing assigned jobs and processes
- Identifying additional savings areas and train teams
- Installing a Management Operating System (MOS) with KPIs to track production efficiencies and downtime.